On the upside, this scenario creates significant opportunities for companies that are able to show a high level of competence in navigating the challenges they face. RFS helps to identify the opportunities that are the flip-side of many of the risks presented; top-tier companies may be well-positioned to differentiate themselves from the competition, particularly in a tough operating environment.
RFS can assist clients with the following components of a Risk Management Strategy:
- Desk-based analysis of supply-chain risk, and design of a Procurement Policy/Strategy;
- Implementation and/or verification of supply chain control systems, incl. for vendors;
- Implementation of Chain of Custody certification / Tracking & Traceability systems;
- Field Audits (and Benchmarking) of Forestry Management practices, including to FSC® Standards;
- Guide Forest Managers through the process of FM certification, to FSC® and/or PEFC™ Standards;
- HCV Assessment, including evaluation of environmental and social values present / at risk;
- Risk Assessment of all third-party suppliers, including use of FSC® Controlled Wood criteria;
- Full legal compliance audit of supply chain – Legal Origin and Legal Compliance, as required;
- Validation of suppliers’ status with regard to CARB requirements (Testing and TPC approval);
- Social compliance auditing, including Health & Safety, and employee living /working conditions;
- Stakeholder Consultation, including evaluation of Indigenous Peoples’ rights, and FPIC;
- RFS’ proprietary Supply Chain Traceability Audit (SCTA) tool, to help demonstrate Due Care.